The Poplar Creek Public Library Farmers Market is held on the 4th Friday from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm in the parking lot across the street, June 22, July 27 and August 24, rain or shine! The Farmers Market is operated by the Poplar Creek Public Library through a partnership with the Streamwood Park District.
- Poplar Creek Public Library Farmers Market Rules and Regulations
- 2018 Poplar Creek Public Library Farmers Market Agreement
- 2018 Poplar Creek Public Library Farmers Market Liability Waiver
Farmers and food vendors will also need to submit one of these Cook County forms, with documentation as required. (Please submit with your Poplar Creek Library Farmers Market agreement. Do not send directly to Cook Co.):
- Permit application for Farmers selling only uncut produce, packaged meat, eggs, honey and/or dog treats (Cook Co) OR
- Farmers Market and Temporary Food Vendor Permit Application (Cook Co)
Food Sampling Applications and Information
General Guidelines and Regulations
- Farmers Market Food Safety Guide
- Sanitation and Food Regulations for Outdoor Markets (State of Illinois)
Effective July 15, 2015, an Illinois Farmers Market Food Product Sampling Handler Certificate is required to sample your food product at a Farmers Market, without having to get a separate license from the local health department (applies to samples only). The Farmers Market Food Product Sampling Handler Certificate is required for all persons who engage in performing tasks such as unpacking, cutting, slicing, preparing or distributing food product samples. Certificates are not transferable between individuals and are valid for 3 years from issue date.
For more information on the Sampling Handler certification process, go to http://www.dph.illinois.gov/topics-services/food-safety/farmers-markets